Job Title: Talent Attraction & Selection Specialist
Reports To: VP of Talent
Our mission is to have the world’s water run Klir. We are a mission driven company. If you have a calling to use your abilities to leave a lasting impact and legacy for the world, and you think you have what it takes to affect millions of people’s lives every single day, then read on.
We don’t want you to apply to Klir because the job title sounds like something you could do. We want you to apply to Klir because our story and mission resonates with you, and you are confident you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our journey towards making our mission the new reality. We are inundated with applications each week, but we are not interested in people just firing off a resume: you need to make us believe we are right for each other. So how do you know if Klir is right for you:
Our belief is that you can teach skills but not attitude. Some roles will require a specific skill set but first and foremost you need to have the right attitude to succeed. Not getting offered a job in Klir doesn’t mean you aren’t good. It just means you aren’t right for us this time. We pride ourselves lucky to have a team that is a melting pot of people of different backgrounds. What we all have in common however is a set of core values that are Klir’s drivers for success:
- Virtuousness, or to put it less politely, don’t be a Richard: this is hands-down our most important value. This shows how (if) you put our values in action. If you don’t enjoy a laugh, take life too seriously, don’t clean up your mess, are stingy, a glory hunter, arrogant or a bigot, then march on. Klir isn’t for you.
- Togetherness: there is nothing we can’t achieve together. Einzelgängers do not fit in Klir. We believe working together makes us stronger and helps us see things from all perspectives for the better of our success. You make us better: we love the idea of working with people at the top of their game and we want to learn as much from you as you do from us. It is symbiotic. People driving their own agenda to the detriment of their team or Klir will not survive the journey.
- Chutzpah: We have no time for ‘if only this was different then I would be able to do it’. You need to be a MacGyver, be able to solve problems on your feet in new and novel ways. Have the confidence to say what you think, and do as you say. We are transforming the way water is managed to save our species – traditional thinking won’t work. We don’t have time for people who are afraid or embarrassed to do or say things because of self-doubt. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. If you nail it, you are right up our street.
- Drive: We are driven to win. We are not all necessarily obsessed about water, but we are motivated to make a difference and leave a legacy. We believe if we had a team stacked with water nerds, we would lose healthy pragmatism that our world exists in. That means you need to have the thirst to succeed, to make a difference and to do what it takes.
- Irishness: Klir was born in Ireland and as a culture we have an Irish outlook on life. It doesn’t matter where you were born or identify from. Anyone can be (and is at least once a year) Irish. To have an Irish outlook you would regard yourself as:
- A hard worker and have a great deal of cop on (i.e. abundance of common sense)
- Always up for a bit of a laugh. Life is too important to take seriously
- Be okay with sarcasm and a little bit cynical
- Don’t be hypersensitive
- Understand what the ‘craic’ is. Negative ‘craic’ is not desirable
If you feel the above applies to you and you think you are the one who can find more of these brilliant characters, then you could be our new Talent Attraction & Selection Specialist, or TAS Specialist.
As our TAS Specialist, your mission is to represent our employer brand in the big bad world, establishing Klir as an employer of choice to attract the highest quality talent. You are accountable for determining who is good enough to get into the elite club that is Klir. You will work closely across all areas of the business to get a full understanding of our talent demands. And you supply.
In this role critical to our success, you will enable our teams to meet operational and strategic objectives by hiring best fit talent.Are you ready to take on that challenge?
- Pro-actively manage full-cycle technical and non-technical talent attraction and selection processes to allow the business to meet operational and strategic company objectives.
- Implement cost-effective innovation to finding, attracting, engaging and nurturing right fit talent, utilising the full talent technology ecosystem among others, to optimize applicant attraction and employer brand awareness.
- Create comprehensive and accurate job profiles and appealing vacancy advertisements to assist in the attraction and identification of best fit candidates.
- Attend career fairs and talent networking events to increase Klir brand awareness and feed into an active pipeline of right fit candidates.
- Apply innovative selection techniques to identify applicants’ core values, competencies and ability to perform against set deliverables and KPIs.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System and provide monthly reports on talent attraction and selection analytics to senior management.
- Play an active part in the onboarding of new talent and the delivery of induction training to achieve a seamless employee onboarding experience.
What this role requires:
- Education is not as important. Experience is. To succeed in this role, you will need to have worked in a role whereby you were responsible for end-to-end recruitment of technical people, such as Software Developers, Testers, UX Designers, etc., as well as Product Owners, Product Specialists, Customer Success, etc for at least 3 years. You need to not just understand the lingo, but understand the psyche of the people who tend to apply for these type of roles.
- CHRP designation or equivalent would be desirable
- Demonstrated values that are similar to ours
- Creativity and accuracy in writing and designing talent collateral
- Strong communicator and networker
- Highly innovative
- Good sense of judgement
- Driven by a desire to win
- Organized and structured in approach to work
- Willingness to travel to various locations in North America as required.
Indicators of Success
Key Job Competencies
|1. Talent Attraction
|2. Talent Selection
|3. Education & Training Provision
Key Job Deliverables
|1. Recruitment Marketing
||1. Selection Process
||1. Job Profile
|2. Talent Pipeline
||2. Talent Success
||2. Training Course
Type: full-time, or part-time for the right person
Remuneration: Basic salary with a comprehensive benefit package to include share options, 3 weeks’ vacation, a flexible benefit allowance, health & dental and AD&D and life insurance
To be considered for this role, please send in your resume. If you want to stand out, you are more than welcome to whip out your phone and include a brief video-selfie (max 90 seconds) in which you introduce yourself and tell us why you think you are our (wo)man. If you have any trouble uploading it here, send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Klir Platform is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that by making an application for this position you are agreeing to Klir holding your personal information on file for the duration of 12 months from the date of submission for the purpose of this recruitment process and to enable us to touch base with you again with regards to future vacancies within the company or its subsidiaries.