Job Title: Full Stack .NET Developer
Reports To: Director of Engineering
What better product to work on, than one that helps protecting the environment and human health? Klir has introduced a more effective way to manage regulatory compliance data so that water utilities can better quantify and mitigate true environmental risks. And ultimately make water safer, quicker. Our mission is to have the world’s water run Klir. If you have a calling to use your abilities to leave a lasting impact and legacy for the world, and you think you have what it takes to affect millions of people’s lives every single day, then read on.
We don’t want you to apply to Klir because the job title sounds like something you could do. We want you to apply to Klir because our story and mission resonates with you, and you are confident you have what it takes to make a positive impact on our journey towards making our mission the new reality. We are inundated with applications each week, but we are not interested in people just firing off a resume: you need to make us believe we are right for each other. So how do you know if Klir is right for you:
Our belief is that you can teach skills but not attitude. Some roles will require a specific skill set but first and foremost you need to have the right attitude to succeed. Not getting offered a job in Klir doesn’t mean you aren’t good. It just means you aren’t right for us this time. We pride ourselves lucky to have a team that is a melting pot of people of different backgrounds. What we all have in common however is a set of core values that are Klir’s drivers for success:
- Virtuousness, or to put it less politely, don’t be a Richard: this is hands-down our most important value. This shows how (if) you put our values in action. If you don’t enjoy a laugh, take life too seriously, don’t clean up your mess, are stingy, a glory hunter, arrogant or a bigot, then march on. Klir isn’t for you.
- Togetherness: there is nothing we can’t achieve together. Einzelgängers do not fit in Klir. We believe working together makes us stronger and helps us see things from all perspectives for the better of our success. You make us better: we love the idea of working with people at the top of their game and we want to learn as much from you as you do from us. It is symbiotic. People driving their own agenda to the detriment of their team or Klir will not survive the journey.
- Chutzpah: We have no time for ‘if only this was different then I would be able to do it’. You need to be a MacGyver, be able to solve problems on your feet in new and novel ways. Have the confidence to say what you think, and do as you say. We are transforming the way water is managed to save our species – traditional thinking won’t work. We don’t have time for people who are afraid or embarrassed to do or say things because of self-doubt. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. If you nail it, you are right up our street.
- Drive: We are driven to win. We are not all necessarily obsessed about water, but we are motivated to make a difference and leave a legacy. We believe if we had a team stacked with water nerds, we would lose healthy pragmatism that our world exists in. That means you need to have the thirst to succeed, to make a difference and to do what it takes.
- Irishness: Klir was born in Ireland and as a culture we have an Irish outlook on life. It doesn’t matter where you were born or identify from. Anyone can be (and is at least once a year) Irish. To have an Irish outlook you would regard yourself as:
- A hard worker and have a great deal of cop on (i.e. abundance of common sense)
- Always up for a bit of a laugh. Life is too important to take seriously
- Be okay with sarcasm and a little bit cynical
- Don’t be hypersensitive
- Understand what the ‘craic’ is. Negative ‘craic’ is not desirable
Due to our continued fast growth, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is fully confident with Angular and .Net Core. You will be part of a growing technical team and must be able to contribute at an architectural level on all proposed software solutions, consistently writing high quality code. As a Developer, you will be required to work closely with business stakeholders and assist with requirements elicitation and documentation. The architecture used is of a very high standard and offers an excellent opportunity for the Developer to learn new technologies.
Your job is critical to our product success and direction. Are you keen to take on that challenge?
- .NET Web Development – Angular 2+, .Net (Core), Entity Framework Core, Bootstrap, SQL Server and Git.
- Application Lifecycle Management in a .NET environment
- Database Design & Object Relational Mapping
- Design and delivery of leading edge and innovative solutions to client needs using .Net technologies
- Learning and exploiting cloud computing technologies such as Azure.
- Creating high quality solutions that are validated using approaches such as Test driven development
- Leveraging and utilising Industry design patterns to deliver scalable and extensible solutions
- Envisioning and leading the design and delivery innovative solutions using latest open source and proprietary technologies to meet client needs
- Exploiting Industry best practices and your experience to create business solutions for our clients
- Design, code and conduct unit test case on impacted regulatory decisioning rules, strategies and decision tree segmentation.
- Research and resolved issues regarding integrity of data flow in Rule Engine.
- Mapping of standard operation procedures on business rule development processes.
- Modification of existing business rules to correct the errors, upgraded business models, Identify the performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
- Data collection around every transaction and turned it in to tools.
- Develop the reusable component for managing the business rule effectively
What this role requires:
- Minimum third level qualification in a relevant field, with 5+ years’ experience of application development using the .NET Core, C# programming language MS SQL Server, and experience in web development.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Business Rules / Workflow Developer
- Knowledge of Angular 2+, .Net (Core), Entity Framework Core, Bootstrap, CSS (sass/less), SQL Server and Git.
- Strong Architecture Design and Coding Practices like Separation of Concerns, Domain Driven Design, Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, SOLID principles, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in product life cycle would be a benefit. Having the ability to understand and adapt to the needs of the product at each stage of the cycle to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Qualification and/or experience in the environmental sector, particularly relating to water, is a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with a Microservice Architecture and API Gateway.
- Familiar with no relational databases such us MongoDB / CosmosDB.
- Familiar with Container Environment, Dockers, and Azure Kubernetes Services.
- Enthusiastic and positive – ‘can do’ attitude. Willing to step up and go the distance to ensure the job is done to a high standard with urgent deadlines.
- Have broad technical experience. Follow and implement coding best practices while creating usable software.
- You have the ability to be a quick and decisive problem solver.
- Your communication style is professional and demonstrates openness, honesty and respect at all times. You communicate effectively both in your dealings with customers and while working with your peers resulting in strong relationships and a high level of trust with key stakeholders
- You organise your work meticulously and you navigate multiple tasks at any one time with ease
- You have the ability to apply critical thinking.
- You enjoy a challenging environment and have a passion for delivering efficiency across the business.
- Strong time management skills. Having the ability to estimate the amount of time needed to complete, communicate and deliver on a task.
Type: full-time, permanent
Remuneration: depending on experience
Comprehensive benefit package including an attractive ESOP award, flexible benefit allowance of 5% of basic salary to be spend on benefits of your choosing, 3 weeks’ vacation, health & dental, life and AD&D insurances.
Klir Platform Inc. is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that by making an application for this position you are agreeing to Klir holding your personal information on file for the duration of 12 months from the date of submission for the purpose of this recruitment process and to enable us to touch base with you again with regards to future vacancies within the company or its subsidiaries.