Job Title: Director of Engineering
Reports To: COO
Summary and Main Purpose:
What better product to work on, than one that helps protect the environment and human health? Klir is introducing a more effective way to manage regulatory compliance data so that water utilities can better quantify and mitigate true environmental risks. And ultimately make water safer, quicker. As Klir is a start-up company you will also have the unique opportunity to get involved in other business areas of the Klir group. The environment is fast-paced, challenging and fun, with considerable scope for personal development. The team promotes open collaborative communication.
Find this motivating? As Klir continues to improve the way to manage regulatory compliance, we need the right talents to join the team.
Due to our continued fast growth, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on Director of Engineering who can lead a geographically dispersed and growing development team. You must be able to contribute at an architectural and strategic level on all proposed software solutions and ensure the delivery of consistently high-quality code. As the Director, you provide advice to and liaise with C-level executives on the architectural and strategic direction of the product, as well as acting as the Technical Lead to the development team. The architecture used is of a very high standard and offers an excellent opportunity for anyone to lead and build a world-class utility changing product.
Your job as Director of Engineering is critical to our product success and direction. Are you keen to take on that challenge?
Main responsibilities of this role:
- Lead the Engineering team by example to build a robust web scale application;
- Bring features through the design, beta, generally available, maintain cycle;
- Analyze, design, build and maintain the product system architecture for our SaaS product offering;
- Provide architecture solutions for Cloud Infrastructure, Database Modelling and Product API’s;
- Review quality code in backend and frontend frameworks such as .NET, Angular or other and ensure best practices and quality of the product;
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy;
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate and generate requirements for technical solutions and system designs;
- Coordinate the Design team responsible for prototyping and user testing of new UI components.
What this role requires:
- 8+ years’ experience of recent hands-on development experience, of which 3+ years you performed in a leadership role, leading a product software development team, evaluating solutions and gaining consensus on technical direction;
- A demonstrated understanding of working in a start-up environment will be prioritized in the selection process;
- Have deep and broad technical experience. Follow and implement coding best practices while creating usable software;
- Hands on experience using .Net (Core), Angular 2+, SQL, Azure Platform, Kubernetes, Dockers, DevOps Pipelines, DDD, Unit test & integration test;
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile and Dev-Ops software development methodologies;
- Experience using Cloud Azure across Linux and Windows;
- Experience using Cloud Azure a range of domains including:
- Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking, Azure Kubernetes),
- Data Platform (SQL, Azure DB),
- Website troubleshooting (NGINX, IIS, Dockers, Kubernetes, etc.),
- Identity and Authentication (SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD, Identity Server etc.)
- Previously implemented proof of concepts while paired with other technical leads for implementation;
- Decisiveness and a proactive work style are essential traits. Demands within the Product Delivery team are dynamic, and we need to be able to react accordingly;
- Ability to face external stakeholders with confidence and present assertively to individuals of similar technical capacity and business audiences as situation demands;
- Experience documenting and communicating designs, estimates and implementation plans to stakeholders;
- Experience with system integration layers and system-system data transfer.
- Experience working with off shore engineering and design teams to develop and design new products and solutions;
- Experience building Rules Engines for Automatic Compliance Assessment and Workflow processes;
- Hands on experience with Microservices, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence;
- Certification in Microsoft and Cloud Technologies;
- 1+ years of experience working with customers on Cloud specific solutions, application development and deployment, such as Microsoft Azure.
- You enjoy a challenging environment and have a passion for delivering efficiency across the business, demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Your communication style is professional and demonstrates openness, honesty and respect at all times. You communicate effectively while working with your peers resulting in strong relationships and a high level of trust with key stakeholders;
- You are willing to step up and go the distance to ensure the job is done to a high standard with urgent deadlines;
- You have the ability to motivate, support and lead juniors within your team;
- You organize your work meticulously and you navigate multiple tasks at any one time with ease;
- You have the ability to apply critical thinking and are a quick and decisive problem solver.
Type: full-time, permanent
Remuneration: depending on experience. An attractive ESOP is part of the remuneration structure.
Comprehensive benefit package including ESOP, a flexible benefit allowance of 5% of base salary to be spent on benefits of your choosing, 3 weeks’ vacation, and health, AD&D and Life insurances.
If you think you are the one for this role, we like to hear from you. Apply by clicking below, or send an email to email@example.com. Feel free to share not just your CV, but something interesting about yourself 🙂
Klir Platform Inc. is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that by making an application for this position you are agreeing to Klir holding your personal information on file for the duration of 12 months from the date of submission for the purpose of this recruitment process and to enable us to touch base with you again with regards to future vacancies within the company or its subsidiaries.